N’table version history
Version 4.8.7. Released Feb 25, 2019
Question Wizard Updates:
- With our new Drag’n’Drop feature you are now able to relocate several questions at once. You must simply select the check boxes of your desired questions, and they will be grouped together for moving regardless of their order.
- The Top and Low Values are displayed in parenthesis in the formulas alongside the Top and Low-Values markings.
Export Wizard Updates:
- Ability to export Rawdata with one click as a separate sheet.
- Exported files will be assigned default names and serial number of the export.
- New export paths for files being exported are added.
- The algorithms responsible for sheet exports have been modified resulting in improved export speed along with the termination of lags while exporting large files.
- Cross-breaks are consistently exported correctly after manipulations in the cross-break wizard.
N’table became more stable and reliable; a multitude of secondary improvements have been conducted aimed at increasing usability and better performance of the program.
- N’table no longer vanishes from the add-on list without command.
- Microsoft Excel continues to function normally after closing the N’table add-on.
- “Re-tabulation of selected rows” error when pressing F5 no longer occurs.
- “Premature question insertions” before opening drop-down menu in the Question Wizard no longer occur.
- Files & accounts are now fully deleted from cross-breaks in the export wizard.
- “Out of Range Exception – no tabulation possible” while using a version of Excel on a language not corresponding to the operating system bug fixed.
- Columns in the export wizard no longer appear in the wrong order after modifying them in the cross-break wizard.
- “Weight of Border Error” bug during export is removed from the cross-break wizard.
Version 4.8.3. Released May 15, 2016
- Bulk operations inside the Question Wizard.
- Drag and drop, better selection designation, and a dozen other small improvements to the Question Wizard.
- Enhancements to the syntax editor.
- Ability to export very large files.
- Performance improvements in export.
Version 4.7.1. Released March 27, 2016
- New & improved: Free versus Pro licensing
- Improvements to SAV parser
- Better handling of the filter field
- Improvements to Question Wizard
- Rawdata improvements
- PDF export & other export enhancements
- Office 2016 compatibility
- 60+ bug fixes
Version 4.3.6. Released June 15, 2015
- Improvements to recognizing matrix & multiple-choice questions during “Import from Source”
- Improved compatibility with SPSS (characters and special symbols that SPSS allows can now be used within N’table, as well)
Version 4.3.0. Released May 23, 2015
- Bugfixes & improvements for import from Keyingress & ESF formats
- Note: this version replaces the 4.2.2 version below
Version 4.2.2. Released May 9, 2015
- New key-based authentication mechanism, and ability to purchase one-day licenses via our new https://secure.ncounter.de website
- Import codebook from *.SAV files
- Export Wizard: ability to choose page layout, margins, etc.
- Import from *.XLS files, and import improvements for Keyingress & ESF formats
- New welcome screen
- Various bugfixes & enhancements
Version 3.1.5. Released October 14, 2014
- New project-creation experience, with step-by-step instructions and ability to import data (no more copy-pasting!)
- Ability to save common project parameters (customer information, contact info, etc.)
- Ability to import SPSS *.SAV files into the Rawdata sheet.
- Improved setup experience, including ability to create desktop icon for N’table.
- New look: new icons in the ribbon, better organization of ribbon functionality.
- Improved functionality of bulk formulas in Question Wizard.
- Variety of bug fixes, and performance improvements.
- Added three new languages (French, Italian, Spanish).
Version 2.8.12. Released April 27, 2014
Added more fine-grained control for which columns to compare for significances in the Cross-Break Wizard
Significant performance improvements during tabulation and export, especially in Excel 2013.
Question Wizard opens and calculates faster, and runs more smoothly.
Eliminates a variety of crashing issues and unhanded errors.
Version 2.7.0. Released January 5, 2014
- Added Weighting and Recoding wizards
- Added Syntax Editor for visually creating queries
- Usability improvements to Export Wizard
- Numerous small enhancements and bug fixes
Version 2.6.7. Released November 1, 2013
- Added data-weighting (beta)
- Improved Question Wizard, Source import, and Export
- Various enhancements and bug fixes
Version 2.5.3. Released September 17, 2013
- Streamlined import from Source
- Improvements to Settings window
- Various small enhancements and bug fixes
Version 1.4.6. Released August 29, 2013
- Major improvements to the Question Wizard — including ability to save the wizard state with the document, to switch between question types, and to provide better validation.
- Major improvements to Export wizard, with new ability to choose which cross-breaks to export, to set parameter texts, etc.
- Added support for importing SPSS and ConfirmIt data (in addition to the existing EFS Surveys format)
- Added ability to add “Part in %” to Matrix questions
- Improvements to Settings window
- Bug fixes & enhancements
Version 1.3.2 (Beta). Released June 05, 2013
- First public release